Sunday 25 August 2013

The Cupcake Lady "Jam Drops"




My Cookie take away tradition started nearly 6 years ago when I was preparing myself to go to the hospital to have my first munchkin. I baked a bunch of cookies to take to the hospital to give my guests when they came to visit our bundle of joy, I baked a couple of hundred and I am glad!!! so many friends and family came to visit and what a better way to celebrate the gift of life than with a cuppa and cookie I was in heaven.

These days I bake cookies all the time they make a good little indulgence when we go on a road trip or a play at the park. What I love mostly is they make a good Christmas present in a glass jar and Voila!!!

The Cupcake Lady - Jam Drops

Ingredients

115g unsalted butter
150 caster sugar
1 egg
200g plain flour
1/2 baking powder
Jam

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 175C line two baking trays with baking paper

2.Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well

3. sift flour and baking powder and stir into the butter mixture, Roll the mixture into balls 
and place them at least 5cm apart on the baking sheets. 

4. Press a finger into each ball and fill the hole with a little jam (I prefer strawberry or raspberry) bake for 10 minutes until golden. Add a little more jam while the cookies are still warm.

Cool and Voila enjoy with a hot cuppa.






 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karla! This post evokes such wonderful memories for me. My mother-in-law, my boys' Nanny, is like you - a wonderful cook, a talented baker, and loves to sew and garden. She often visits us on Sunday mornings and she always brings some baked treats for the boys. Usually it is jam drops, and she brings them in a clear bucket that she buys her honey in. The boys devour the cookies and then use the buckets to store their Lego and action figures. We have these little buckets all over the house. You are making similar wonderful memories for your children - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous- What wonderful memories your family are making for your children, I also had a granny just like your children and I am trying to do the same for my own children, there is nothing more beautiful than to see a child smile. dont you think? xoxo Karla

      Delete