Tuesday 25 March 2014

The Cupcake Lady's Cookies

This morning my brother embarked on a year long holiday around the world, I am sad that we will not see him for such a long time but I am excited that he is following his dreams and we look forward to hear about his adventures.

One thing I am super excited about is that his first stop is Los Angeles and he is visiting our cousin which we have not seen for nearly 25 years I wish it was me, I speak to my cousin on a regular basis we remember the good old days she always says how she wishes that she could taste my baking so what better opportunity than to send her a batch of cookies with my little brother.

I want to share the love these cookies are just fantastic for any occasion.




The cupcake lady's cookies

250g butter chilled and chopped
3 cups plain flour
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg
1 TBSP milk
1 TSP vanilla extract

ICING

1 cup icing sugar
food colouring
a dash of hot water

Method

1. place all ingredients in food processor and process until comes together into a dough

2. lightly flour a surface and knead dough until smooth

3. divide dough  in half wrap in cling wrap and chilled for 30 minutes

4.pre-heat oven to 160c fan force and line baking trays with baking paper

5. roll the dough and cut shapes from dough

6.place on tray and bake for 10 minutes

7.Cool on wire rack then decorate

ICING

Mix icing sugar, food colouring in a bowl add hot water slowly in small dash until you are happy with the texture then dip the cookies and let them dry.

















No comments:

Post a Comment