Tuesday 18 March 2014

Tahn Scoon and Hampton Style







Today I had the pleasure of attending a styling workshop by the very talented Tahn Scoon,  Home Beautiful Magazine Stylist and author of the book series "New Vintage".

The event was held at Hampton style in Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast what a perfect place to hold a fab morning, we were greeted by the gorgeous Donna - Hampton Style owner, the store is just wonderful with the most gorgeous furniture, homewares and the soft furnishings they were just calling my name to take them home.

I had the time of my life enjoying the store, the champagne, and the cupcakes but most importantly I learnt so much about styling the ways how to make my home more warm and inviting without making it look cluttered the idea is to for my home to look more like the pages of Home Beautiful and New Vintage and less hoarders alive.

After the event I got to meet the other ladies in person I have seen them and their space on Instagram or their respective blogs, it was nice to place a face to their name,  I am a newbie on this social media I learnt a lot while at lunch.

One thing that resonated with me from Tahn Scoon was how to decorate your home with little or no money by ways of upcycling what you already have in your home. that is the motto I live by most of our furniture we have given a new lease of life and in the process we have a unique home and our furniture tells a story.

Well I am sitting in my lounge room and trying to workout how am I going to hide those electrical cords, I have come back from this event with new lease of life, there will be loads of rearranging furniture around the whitecottage today so I better get a move on.

Cheers,
Karla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment